This week (13th to the 19th of May) is mental health awareness week. I've put together this list of resources for various mental illnesses and situations where you might need extra support. These resources aren't just useful for those going through it, they're also useful if you want to know how to support a loved one.
- You are not alone.
- You are enough.
- Recovery isn't linear.
- Things will get easier over time.
- It's okay to ask for help.
- You will have good days and bad days.
- Don’t be ashamed of your emotions, for the good or bad ones.
- It's okay to take medication.
- Just because your past is dark, doesn't mean your future isn't bright.
Isolation and loneliness:
Uncomfortable with silence:
- Alcoholics Anonymous (Alcohol addiction)
- Anxiety UK (Anxiety)
- Beat (Eating disorders)
- Bipolar UK (Bipolar)
- Cruse Bereavement Care (Bereavement)
- International suicide hotlines
- Mind (General mental health)
- Narcotics Anonymous (Drug addiction)
- OCD UK (OCD)
- Papyrus (Suicide)
- Refuge (Domestic violence)
- Samaritans (General support)
- The Trevor Project (LGBTQ)
- Victim Support (Affected by crime and/or traumatic event/s)